Quick Pad Thai
Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:54
Serving Size:1 1/4 cups
Cost Per Serving:$1.06
- 6 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable), divided
- 24 ounces frozen vegetable mix
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain in colander. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Defrost vegetables in microwave for 5 minutes as spaghetti cooks.
- Combine soy sauce, water, peanut butter, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat. Add to skillet with chicken. Scramble until firm. Add the vegetables and spaghetti to the pan with the chicken mixture. Stir to heat through.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the skillet. Stir to coat.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Wash hands, cutting board, and knife after handling raw chicken.
- Use cooked fresh vegetables instead of frozen.
- Use either smooth or chunky peanut butter.
- Make your own light soy sauce by mixing equal parts water and regular soy sauce.
- Add red pepper flakes and lime slices.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu