Pizza on a Potato
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:19
Serving Size:1 potato
- 1 potato, scrubbed clean
- 2-3 Tablespoons pizza or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix or chopped raw vegetables (peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (Mozzarella or Monterey Jack)
- Bake potato at 400° F for about 60 minutes or microwave on high about 15 minutes or until soft and cooked through. Split in half lengthwise.
- Spread 2-3 Tablespoons pizza sauce or tomato sauce on each half of potato.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped raw vegetables on each half. If using frozen vegetables, run warm water over the vegetables until thawed and strain in a colander.
- Sprinkle cheese over vegetables.
- Microwave until cheese is bubbly or bake at 375° F for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with other favorite pizza toppings such as Parmesan cheese, cooked ground beef, pepperoni slices, cooked sausage, pineapple chunks, etc.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's