Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:34
Serving Size:1/2 pita
- Whole wheat or white pita bread
- 1 cup total of any combination of the following vegetables:
- Lettuce, cut or broken into small pieces
- Tomato, cut into small chunks
- Green pepper, diced
- Onion, chopped
- Carrots, shredded
- Cucumbers, sliced very thin or chopped small
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable-flavored cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Spread 1 Tablespoon cream cheese over top of pita.
- Add 1 cup of vegetables of your choice.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Mozzarella cheese to top of vegetables.
- Microwave for 15 seconds or until Mozzarella begins to melt.
- Cut in half and share with a friend.
- Try different vegetables or different flavors of cream cheese.
- Try this recipe with tuna or small chunks of chicken in addition to the vegetables.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu