Pita Bread Pizza
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:04
Serving Size:1 pizza
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 2-3 Tablespoons pizza sauce
- Fresh vegetables as desired (to total up to 1/2 cup vegetables)
- Possible vegetables are: mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, carrots, onions, cauliflower, and cabbage
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lay pita bread on baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over pita bread, leaving ¼ inch around the edge uncovered.
- Arrange assorted vegetables over sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over vegetables.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Try tomato sauce instead of pizza sauce, or try pizza seasoning, oregano or Italian seasoning.
- Add cooked meat to pizza (i.e., diced ham, sausage, pepperoni, etc.)
- Add drained canned pineapple in 100% juice.
- Try as a quick meal or snack. It is an excellent way to try new vegetables, and a low-cost way to have pizza.
- Each child can make their very own pizza. Encourage a variety of vegetables.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu