Peanut Butter Pita Pockets
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 11/06/2012 - 14:56
Serving Size:1/2 sandwich
Cost Per Serving:$.31
- 2 apples, pears, bananas, peaches, or mangoes
- 2 medium whole wheat pita pockets
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Wash and slice fruit.
- Cut pitas in half to make 4 pockets.
- Warm each pita half in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make them more flexible.
- Carefully open each pocket and spread about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on the inside walls of each pita half. You may need to warm the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds, especially if it has been in the refrigerator.
- Fill each pocket with sliced fruit.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Try different fruit combinations, such as peaches, bananas, or berries.
- Place prepared pockets in individual bags for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack. Take along milk or soup in a thermos for a carried lunch at work or on a walking trip to a park.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's