Pan Fried Tilapia with Orange Sauce
- 4 small tilapia fillets, frozen (about 1 pound total)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram or Italian seasoning
- Defrost and pat dry tilapia with paper towel.
- Put flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a plastic bag. Add fillets one at a time and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add fillets to skillet and fry until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes). Turn fish over, sprinkle with marjoram or Italian seasoning, and finish browning. Heat fish to at least 145°F.
- Heat orange for 10 seconds in microwave. Cut in half. Squeeze half the juice and pulp from the orange on the fish. Use the other half for garnish.
- Place fish on a platter. Scrape the pan juices on top of the fish to serve.
- Frozen fillets are about 1/4" thick. Thicker fillets would need to cook longer.
- Substitute other firm white fish like swai, domestic mahi-mahi, or halibut.