Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 15:05
- 1 lb fish fillets
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup cornflakes, crumbled, or regular bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on plate.
- Let fillets sit briefly in milk. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with
- seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
- This heart healthy dish can be made with many kinds of fish—to be enjoyed over and over.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's