Submitted by taylork on Sun, 03/03/2013 - 15:03
- Pancake mix that requires only the addition of water
- Optional: chopped apples, canned peaches, or strawberries, mashed bananas, blueberries, canned pumpkin
- Follow the recipe on the pancake mix except substitute oatmeal for 1/2 the quantity of pancake mix (i.e. 1/2 cup pancake mix + 1/2 cup oatmeal).
- Stir in quantity of water called for on the package (i.e., 3/4 cup).
- Gently stir in the optional ingredients, if desired. If needed, add more water.
- Make pancakes as directed on package. Use a 1/4 cup measure to make three inch pancakes.
- Pancakes can be placed in freezer bags and frozen then reheated in the microwave or the toaster when a quick breakfast is needed.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu