Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:21
- Pancake mix (that requires only the addition of water)
- Fruit (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Follow the recipe on the pancake mix except use 1/2 the quantity of pancake mix (i.e., 1/2 cup) and an equal amount of oatmeal (i.e., 1/2 cup oatmeal).
- Stir in quantity of water called for on the box (i.e., 3/4 cup).
- Add 1/3 cup-1/2 cup cut-up or mashed fruit (i.e. mashed banana), if desired.
- Gently stir all ingredients. Add more water if needed. Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Make pancakes as usual.
Try adding one of these items to the pancakes: chopped canned peaches, chopped apple, canned pumpkin, blueberries, or chopped strawberries.
- Pancakes can be placed in freezer bags and frozen then re-heated in the microwave or the toaster when a quick breakfast is needed.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's