Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/02/2013 - 14:41
Serving Size:1 packet
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water or milk
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons chopped, dried apples
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal - Add 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons raisins
- Cinnamon-Spice Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a scant 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Cocoa Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon baking cocoa and 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons ‘quick-type’ chocolate drink powder
- Sweetened Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- Put quick oats and optional ingredients into a plastic snack or sandwich bag.
- Close bag and store for future use.
- When ready to use:
a. Empty packet into a microwave safe bowl.
b. Stir in 1 cup water or milk.
c. Microwave on high 2 ½ to 3 minutes.
d. Stir before serving.
- Other optional ingredients: dried banana chips, small pieces of walnuts or almonds, dried cranberries, other dried fruits.
- Use as the topping for Hurry Up Baked Apples.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's