Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/02/2013 - 14:41
Serving Size:1 packet
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water or milk
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons apples (chopped and dried).
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal - Add 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons raisins.
- Cinnamon Spice Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a scant 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Cocoa Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon baking cocoa and 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons "quick type" chocolate drink powder
- Sweetened Oatmeal - Add 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- Put quick oats and optional ingredients into a plastic snack or sandwich bag.
- Seal bag and store for future use.
- Empty packet into a microwave safe bowl when ready to use.
- Stir in 1 cup water or milk.
- Microwave on high 2 ½ to 3 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
- Top with dried banana chips, small pieces of walnuts or almonds, dried cranberries, other dried fruits.
- Use as the topping for Hurry Up Baked Apples.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu