MmmmGood Fruit Pizza
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 16:55
Serving Size:1 wedge
Cost Per Serving:$.41
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- Cooking spray
For the topping:
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 container (6 ounces) nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Fruit for topping the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Use a medium mixing bowl to beat egg white until foamy. Add oil and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a small bowl. Add to sugar mixture. Stir in oatmeal.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread the dough in a 9" circle.
- Bake about 12 minutes. Crust will begin to puff but does not look done. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes. The crust continues to cook while cooling.
- Stir together the cream cheese and yogurt in a small bowl until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
- Transfer the crust to a serving plate. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Arrange fruit on top.
- Cut into wedges and serve or refrigerate up to 2 hours (covered and uncut).
- Watch How to Make Fruit Pizza http://goo.gl/KqNj1B
- Any variety of fresh fruit will work or use canned fruit such as pineapple or mandarin oranges.
- Dip fruits that turn brown after cutting in lemon juice and drain well before adding to pizza. This works for bananas, apples, peaches, or pears.
- Use flavored yogurt instead of vanilla to vary color and flavors.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu