Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:49
Serving Size:1 cup
- 2 teaspoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 large garlic cloves, minced*
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta (such as rotini, macaroni, or small shells)
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, vegetables, and seasonings. Stir to mix.
- Bring to boil on medium high heat.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer about 20 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- * You can use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder instead of the minced garlic. Add garlic powder with other seasonings in Step 3.
- Use 3 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth in place of the canned chicken broth.
- Recipe can be doubled for a crowd.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu