Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:49
Serving Size:1 cup
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 large garlic cloves, minced*
- 2 14.5-ounce cans (3 1/2 cups) low sodium chicken broth or try homemade chicken broth
- 1 16-ounce can stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10-ounce package frozen vegetables or 1 1/4 cups fresh vegetables, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta, such as rotini, macaroni, or small shells
* If preferred, use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and add with other seasonings in step 3.
- Wash hands.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, frozen or chopped vegetables, and seasonings. Stir to mix.
- Bring to boil on medium high heat.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer about 20 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Recipe can be doubled for a crowd.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's