Meat and Veggie Mac
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 20:43
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Cost Per Serving:$.82
- 1 7 1/4 ounce package macaroni & cheese mix
- 1 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked beef, pork, or chicken
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package. After about 5 minutes, add the frozen vegetables and continue cooking until macaroni is tenderand vegetables are cooked; drain.
- Return macaroni and vegetables to the pan. Add the meat.
- Stir the cheese sauce mix, milk, and garlic or onion powder together. Stir into macaroni mixture. (Omit the butter/margarine recommended on the package).
- Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Omit the butter/margarine recommended on the package to save calories and fat!
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu