- 1 mango (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
How to Cut a Mango
- Holding the mango with one hand, stand it on its end with the stem side down. With a sharp knife in your other hand, cut from the top of the mango down one side of the pit. Then repeat with the other side. You should end up with three pieces—two halves and a middle section that includes the pit.
- Take a mango half and use a knife to make lengthwise and crosswise cuts in it. Try not to cut through the peel.
- At this point you may be able to peel the segments right off of the peel with your fingers. Or you can use a small paring knife to cut away the pieces from the peel.
- Lay the mango piece with the pit flat on the cutting board. Use a paring knife to cut out the pit and remove the peel.