Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:21
Serving Size:1 tostada
Cost Per Serving:$.36
- 10 corn tortillas (6")
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat free refried beans
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili (seeded and minced)
- Nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray. Place tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray. Bake for 5-7 minutes, then flip over. Bake 5-7 minutes more until crisp.
- Put refried beans in microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave while tortillas bake. Stir beans so they heat evenly.
- Spread a thin layer of hot beans on baked tortillas.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
- Wear plastic gloves to handle hot peppers. If you do not have gloves, wash hands with soap and water before touching your face, your cooking utensils, or another person.
- Save extra baked tortillas in an airtight container.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu