Make Your Own Tostadas
Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:21
Serving Size:1 tostada
Cost Per Serving:$.36
- 10 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat free refried beans
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
- Nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 5-7 minutes, flip over, and bake 5-7 minutes more until crisp.
- Put refried beans in microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave while tortillas bake. Stir beans so they heat evenly.
- Spread a thin layer of hot beans on baked tortillas.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
Cut tortillas into snack size servings before baking. Use as dippers.
- Wear plastic gloves to handle hot peppers. No gloves? Wash hands with soap and water before touching your face, your cooking utensils, or another person.
- Save extra baked tortillas in an airtight container.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's