Make Ahead Mexican Rollups
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:14
Serving Size:1 rollup
- 1 can (15 ounces) beans (black, pinto, chili, etc.)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups instant brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack, or hot pepper), shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8")
- Place beans in a colande and rinse to reduce sodium. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Thaw frozen corn in microwave. Drain and add to bowl.
- Stir in rice, cheese, and salsa.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla and rollup.
- Wrap each burrito tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Seal wrapped burritos in a freezer bag when they are frozen.
To Reheat Frozen Burritos
- Remove the plastic wrap. Wrap burrito in a damp paper towel. Set microwave on medium power. Heat burrito for 3-4 minutes.
You can serve this filling mixture on lettuce or spinach for a salad, or use as a dip.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu