Make Ahead Mexican Rollups
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:14
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can beans (black, pinto, chili, etc.)
- 2 cups frozen corn or 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, Monterey jack, or hot pepper cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 10-inch or burrito-size tortillas
- Wash hands.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, allowing about 15 minutes for instant rice or about 45 minutes for regular brown rice. Cool completely.
- Place beans in a colander or strainer, and rinse to reduce sodium. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Thaw frozen corn in microwave; drain and add to bowl. Or, rinse and drain canned corn and add to bowl.
- Stir in rice, cheese, and salsa.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla. Roll or fold up.
- Freeze this dish for future use: Wrap each in plastic wrap and place in pan in freezer overnight. When completely frozen, place in freezer weight plastic bag. Seal, label with date, and return to freezer. Roll-ups should keep 6 to 8 weeks in the freezer.
- To use: Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating. Microwave thawed tortillas in the plastic wrap for about 1 minute.
For variety, serve this filling mixture on lettuce or spinach for a salad, or use as a dip.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's