Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:05
Serving Size:1/4 cup
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning mix (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1 Tablespoon chili powder)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 tortilla shells
- Wash lentils and sort. Throw away any lentils that should not be eaten.
- Combine water, lentils, and seasoning in saucepan. Stir to mix.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in tomato sauce and heat a minute or two until heated all the way through.
- Spread on tortilla shells and roll tortilla shells. Serve hot or cold.
- If lentils are not available, use canned black beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans.
Add onion, green pepper, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, olives, etc., as desired.
- Dish can be served with tortilla chips, as a taco or green pepper filling, or with rice.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's