Jicama & Black Bean Dip
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:02
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Cost Per Serving:$3.90 for whole recipe / $0.39 per person
- 1 small jicama, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup light Itailan dressing
- Salt and black pepper
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- In large bowl, combine jicama, beans, corn, pepper, onion, and dressing. If desired, add cilantro.
- Stir to coat all vegetables with dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend.
Snack Idea: Jicama & black bean dip, tortilla chips
- Jicama – Somthing new to try! This dip tastes fine without jicama, but it adds a nice crunch.
- This recipe can be served as a salad.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's