Jicama & Black Bean Dip
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:02
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Cost Per Serving:$3.90 for whole recipe / $0.39 per person
- 1 small jicama (peeled and chopped)
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper (seeded and chopped) (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup light Itailan dressing
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (optional)
- In large bowl, combine jicama, beans, corn, pepper, onion, and dressing. Add cilantro, if desired.
- Stir to coat all vegetables with dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend.
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper was used in the nutrition analysis.
- This dip tastes fine without jicama, but it adds a nice crunch. This recipe can also be served as a salad.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu