Homemade Pita Chips
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 17:33
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, olive oil, or use oil spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons thyme, basil, or oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the seasonings together in a bowl.
- Cut around the edges of the pita pockets to make 2 thin rounds. Stack and cut into 6 wedges each.
- Place the wedges smooth side down on cookie sheets. Spray or brush each wedge with oil. Sprinkle with seasoning mix.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Chips will begin to crisp and brown. Flip the chips. Continue baking 8 to 10 minutes more until they are fully toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Use cinnamon as the seasoning to make sweet pita chips. Serve with fruit salsa or yogurt.
- Substitute for nacho chips in nachos.
- Spread peanut butter on the chips for a quick after school snack.
- Try pita chips with our After School Hummus.
- Chips can be stored up to 3 days in an airtight container or frozen.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's