Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:25
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- In saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- If chunky applesauce is desired, just cook and eat, do not mash.
- Can be eaten hot or refrigerated and eaten cold.
- Apples that are good for applesauce are Gala, Fuji, Braeburn, and Golden Delicious.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's