Holiday Fruit Salad
Submitted by taylork on Sun, 04/08/2012 - 20:28
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.35
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 small package) dry sugar-free favored gelatin (any favor/color)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (optional)
- 1 or 2 packets non-caloric sweetener or 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 4 cups cut-up fruit (apple, orange, kiwi, banana)
- Optional garnish: Pomegranate seeds
- For sauce, stir cornstarch and gelatin together in a small saucepan. Add water and stir to dissolve. Add the orange juice and, if desired, the lemon or lime juice.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Stir constantly to prevent sticking and burning.
- Gently boil for 1 minute. Cool completely. Stir in sweetener or sugar, if desired.
- Arrange fruit on plates and pour sauce on top. Or pour cooled sauce over cut-up fruit in a bowl and stir to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- You can use this recipe throughout the year by choosing different gelatin flavors and fruit combinations. Try fresh, canned, or frozen fruits, such as pineapple tidbits or chunks, peaches, pears, apricots, and/or berries.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's