Healthy Hash Browns
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 11/06/2012 - 15:35
Serving Size:3/4 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.50
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 4 cups diced Best Baked Potatoes, skins on
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the potatoes, onion, carrot, and minced garlic (if using). Cook about 5 minutes or until boom is golden brown. Flip or stir and continue cooking a few minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if used).
- A non-stick skillet works best to prepare this recipe. Less oil means fewer calories, but the hash browns won’t get as crispy and they may stick to the pan.
- This satisfying comfort food is an inexpensive way to fill up your family.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu