Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 16:37
- 1 dozen eggs
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water (enough to reach the top of the shells).
- Cover the pan and bring to a light boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain, cover with ice water, and let stand until cool.
- Prepare your eggs and then try the Creamy Egg Salad Sandwich or Rhonda’s Deviled Egg recipes.
- Hard cook eggs, don’t hard boil. The cooking water must come to a full boil in this method, but the pan is then removed from the heat. The eggs will continue to cook gently in the hot water. This method produces tender eggs. It also reduces cracking and the green color that can form around yolks when eggs are hard boiled.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu