Guiltless Pumpkin Pie
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:02
Serving Size:1 slice
Cost Per Serving:$2.75 for whole recipe / $0.34 per person
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or 3/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 5-ounce can fat free evaporated milk
- Optional: Lowfat whipped topping and ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in large bowl, beat with a fork or whisk. Add sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Stir in pumpkin and evaporated milk. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes – or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time. If desired, add a spoonful of lowfat whpped topping to each serving and sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.
Menu Idea: Baked turkey, mashed sweet potatoes, waldorf summer salad, guiltless pumpkin pie
- Guiltless? Count the Ways: No crust means fewer calories, fat free mik save calories, 1 serving provides 170% of your daily Vitamin A needs
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu