Grilled Cheese and Fruit Sandwich
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:07
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin or whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons soft margarine spread
- 4 slices processed American cheese food
- 2 small apples or pears, thinly sliced
- Wash hands
- Spread one side of each bread slice lightly with margarine
- Place four slices of bread, margarine side down, and top each with one cheese slice
- Arrange fruit slices over the cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, margarine side up
- Place sandwiches on a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turn, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until golden and cheese is melted
- Remember this combination when you want a hot, quick breakfast or snack.
- Fruit and raisins add sweetness and texture to this dish.
- Be adventurous and experiment with other combinations, such as rye bread, Swiss cheese, and sliced tomato.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu