Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:41
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- Mix honey, water, vegetable oil, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in oats and mix well.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet, making a thin layer.
- Bake at 275° F until light brown, about 45-60 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from oven, stir mixture well, and return to oven.
- Repeat stirring process after 20 additional minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven when lightly brown.
- Break into small pieces with a spatula.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
- Try adding dried fruit (like raisins and craisins) or nuts.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's