Garden Pork Saute
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:17
Serving Size:1 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound uncooked pork, trim fat and cut into 3/4 -inch cubes (consider using a shoulder or blade roast)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 cups cut-up carrots*
- 1 cup water
- 1 3-ounce package ramen noodle with soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
* Peel and slice regular carrots or cut baby carrots into thirds.
- Wash hands.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork and minced garlic, if using. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, water, seasoning packet from soup mix, Italian seasoning or oregano, and garlic powder, if using. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender.
- Gently break the block of noodles in half; add noodles and zucchini to skillet. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender and noodles are cooked, separating noodles gently as they soften.
Exercise your creativity with this versatile recipe by substituting beef, chicken, or turkey and your choice of vegetables and ramen noodles flavor.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu