Garden Pork Saute
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:17
Serving Size:1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon oil (olive or vegetable)
- 1 pound pork, uncooked (trim fat and cut into 3/4" cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles with soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning or oregano
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add pork and minced garlic (if using). Cook and stir 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, water, seasoning packet from soup mix, Italian seasoning or oregano, and garlic powder (if using). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender.
- Gently break the block of noodles in half. Add noodles and zucchini to skillet. Bring to a boil. Boil (uncovered) 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is tender and noodles are cooked. Separate the noodles gently as they soften.
- Cut carrots into thirds if using baby carrots.
You can substitute beef, chicken, or turkey for the pork. You can also use your choice of vegetables and flavor of ramen noodles.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu