Fruit Kabobs & Yogurt Dip
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:45
Serving Size:5 toothpick kabobs
- 2 small fruits of your choice (such as apple, pear, clementine oranges, banana, kiwi, grapes)
- 1can (18 ounecs) chunk pineapple
- 1 container (6 or 8 ounces) fruit yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons low fat whipped topping
- 30 toothpicks
- Wash fruit under running water. Peel bananas, clementine oranges, and kiwi.
- Drain pineapple juice into a bowl.
- Cut fruit in wedges or chunks. Dip fruit that turns dark (such as apples and bananas) in the pineapple juice.
- Thread fruit on toothpicks or skewers. Arrange on a platter.
- Stir together the yogurt and whipped topping. Pour into a bowl for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Threading fruit onto the toothpicks is a fun activity for children.
- Serve a platter of fruit with the dip and toothpicks and let family and friends choose their own combinations.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu