Fruit Kabobs & Yogurt Dip
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:45
Serving Size:1 toothpick
- 2 small fruits of your choice, such as apple, pear, clementine orange, banana, kiwi, grapes
- 1 8-ounce can chunk pineapple
- 1 6- or 8-ounce container fruit yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lowfat whipped topping
- Wash hands.
- Wash fruit with cold running water and rubbing. Peel bananas, clementine oranges, and kiwi.
- Drain pineapple juice into a bowl.
- Cut fruit in wedges or chunks. Dip fruit that turns dark (such as apples and bananas) in the pineapple juice.
- Thread fruit on skewers or toothpicks. Arrange on a platter.
- Stir together the yogurt and whipped topping. Pour into a bowl for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Fruit is an excellent appetizer or snack - and putting it on a stick makes it so much more fun to eat.
- If you want a snack-to-go, thread pieces on a longer skewer. Or, simply serve a platter of fruit with the dip and toothpicks and let family and friends choose their own combinations.
Tips for preparing fruits and vegetables
- For longer storage life, wait to wash until just before eating, rather than as soon as received.
- Wash by gently rubbing the produce under clean running tap water. If the skin will be eaten, like potatoes and zucchini, use a scrub brush to clean the surface.
- Wash fruits and vegetables even when the skin and rind are not eaten, such as oranges, melons, and winter squash. Raw fruits and vegetables can carry bacteria or viruses that will make you sick. The bacteria come from the soil, from people who handle the produce, or from the knives and cutting boards in your home.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's