Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:57
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 4 cups peeled, sliced apples or 1 29-ounce can sliced peaches in light syrup or juice, drained
- 1/2 cup quick or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup granulated or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold margarine or butter, cut into chunks
- Optional: 1/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped nuts
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or spray bottom of an 8-inch round or square pan.
- Spread sliced apples or drained peaches over bottom of pan.
- Stir together the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the margarine using a pastry cutter, knives or by squeezing through your clean hands. (The smaller the chunks, the easier it will be to spread on the fruit.) If desired, add dried fruit or nuts.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is bubbly.
- Great way to use less than perfect apples!
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's