Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:57
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups apples (peeled and sliced) or 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches in light syrup or juice, drained
- 1/2 cup quick or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup white or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, cold (cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or spray wtih cooking spray the bottom of an 8" round or square pan.
- Spread sliced apples or drained peaches over bottom of pan.
- Stir together the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the margarine using a pastry cutter, knives or by squeezing through your clean hands. (It will be easier to spread on the fruit with smaller chunks.) IAdd dried fruit or nuts, if desired.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over fruit.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is bubbly.
- This is a good way to use less than perfect apples.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu