Frozen Fruit Cups
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:03
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.46
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium to large banana, sliced (about 6 ounces)
- 2 kiwi, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix strawberries with sugar in a bowl. Let mixture set 20-30 minutes while strawberries make juice.
- Add banana and kiwi to strawberries.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the mixture into each of six muffin cups lined with paper.
- Freeze. Remove from freezer about 20-30 minutes before serving.
- 2 cups sliced, frozen strawberries can be used and may be less expensive in the winter.
Use other fruits such as mango or melon.
- Store fruit cups in a plastic freezer container. They will keep several weeks in the freezer.
- Fruit cups can be made in small cups, custard cups, or small bowls.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu