Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:43
Serving Size:2 slices
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup non-fat or low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices day old whole wheat bread
- Syrup, applesauce, or fresh fruit slices
- In a bowl large and flat enough to lay a bread slice in, beat eggs, milk and cinnamon or nutmeg together.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Dip bread slices one at a time into egg mixture and turn to coat both sides.
- Place in the hot frying pan. Brown each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with syrup, applesauce or fresh fruit.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's