Four Layer Casserole
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:33
Serving Size:1 cup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 potatoes
- 1-16 ounce can or frozen package mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack) cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free or low fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ground beef in frying pan until brown. Rinse in warm water and drain to remove excess fat.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into slices without peeling.
- Place potatoes in a large baking or casserole dish. Top with vegetables, ground beef, and cheese.
- Pour milk over the casserole. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover with a lid or foil bake at 350° F for 1 hour or microwave in a non-metal baking or casserole dish for 19-23 minutes on high.
- Try other favorite vegetables in place of mixed vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, or corn.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's