Fiesta Skillet Dinner
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:00
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Cost Per Serving:$1.26
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) Mexican style tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup prepared instant brown rice (1/2 cup uncooked)
1/2 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the tomatoes, black beans, corn, chili powder, and chicken in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Add the cooked rice and stir thoroughly. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe freezes well.
- Replace frozen corn with canned (but this will increase the sodium).
- Use as a filling in a tortilla to make a sandwich.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu