Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:03
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Use any combination of the following raw vegetables:
- sweet peppers
- Wash and trim vegetables.
- Cut into chunks or cubes. Approximately 2 cups of vegetables will make 4 1/2-cup servings.
To microwave: Place vegetables in a microwave-safe container. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap, leaving one corner open for a vent. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer, if needed, to desired tenderness.
- To stir-fry: Heat 2 Tablespoons oil or water in skillet or wok. Turn heat on high and add veggies. Stir constantly until vegetables are tender.
- To bake: Spread raw veggies out on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes at 350° F, or until tender.
- To steam: Place veggies in saucepan or steamer and cook in small amount of water to desired tenderness.
- Season as desired: salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, margarine, garlic powder.
- After veggies are cooked, lay 2 slices of processed cheese (or sprinkle 1/3 cup shredded cheese) over veggies.
- The amount of time needed to cook vegetables will depend on the quantity of vegetables used, the type of vegetables used, and the size the vegetables are cut into.
- Adjust the quantity of vegetables according to the number of servings needed, about 1/2 cup of vegetables per person.
- Veggies taste best if not overcooked.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu