Easy Roasted Veggies
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 17:02
Serving Size:1 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.34
- 5 cups assorted vegetable pieces (cut in chunks)(potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, turnips, carrots, onions, mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with aluminum foil.
- Spread vegetables in pan. Sprinkle oil on vegetables. Stir. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt. Stir.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
- Watch How to Roast Vegetables http://goo.gl/gN8g3C
- Use thyme, basil, or rosemary in place of dried Italian seasoning.
- Save energy. Roast vegetables in oven with other food or right after other food is done.
- Roasting brings out the sweetness of vegetables.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu