Crisp Fruit Salad
- 1 red apple
- 1 pear
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 container (6 ounces) low fat, sugar free vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Wash fruit.
- Chop apple and pear (leave skin on). Add to large serving bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Add grapes and raisins to bowl.
- Combine yogurt and mayonnaise in a small bowl and spread over fruit.
- Stir to combine. Refrigerate. This is best eaten the day it is prepared.
- Use dried cranberries or cherries instead of raisins.
- Add 1/2 cup celery, chopped (about 1 rib).
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped.
- For a main dish salad, add chicken chunks, canned tuna, or salmon.
- Try with lemon, plain, or plain Greek yogurt.