Creamy Egg Salad Sandwich
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 16:35
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Cost Per Serving:$.54
- 6 large hard cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped finely)
- Dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- Prepare eggs – prepare hard cooked eggs.
- Crack and peel the eggs; chop coarsely and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and celery. Mash together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on toasted English muffins, whole wheat bread, or crackers.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (will get a little watery after the first day).
- Hard cook extra eggs for breakfast or snacks.
- Eggs are high in protein and low in cost.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu