Creamy Cauliflower Salad
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:06
Serving Size:3/4 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.61
- 2 cups cauliflower broken into florets (about 1/2 head)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chopped lettuce (romaine works well)
- 1 chopped red or green apple (Braeburn, Granny Smith)
- 1/4 cup light ranch dressing
- Prepare the cauliflower by rinsing well in cold water just before using it. Snap off the outer leaves and discard.
- Use a sharp knife and cutting board to slice off stem and hollow out and remove core.
- Cut or break cauliflower into small pieces called florets.
- Toss cauliflower, onion, lettuce, and apples in a medium bowl.
- Stir in dressing.
- Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Change this recipe by adding other foods such as sunflower seeds or raisins.
Use red onion to add more color.
- Can be made several hours in advance.
- Great for a picnic. Keep it in the cooler until time to eat.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu