Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:28
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Cost Per Serving:.12
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 box (18 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) apple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray muffin tins.
- Combine the pumpkin, cake mix, eggs, and apple juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat batter well. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full of batter. Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes (about 20 minutes).
- Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove from tin.
- Use a white or spice cake mix with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice added to batter.
- Bake recipe in 9 x 13-inch cake pan or 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Use toothpick method in Step #5 to test for doneness.
- Serve with low fat or fat free frozen topping.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer bag.
- Freeze cupcakes that you will not use in four days.
- 1/3 cup measure works well to scoop batter into muffin tin.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's