Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 01/01/2015 - 13:28
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Cost Per Serving:.12
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 box (18 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) apple juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine the pumpkin, cake mix, eggs, and apple juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat batter well. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full of batter. Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes (about 20 minutes).
- Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove from tin.
- Use 1/2 cup apple juice if your cake mix is smaller (such as 15.25 ounces).
- 1/3 cup measure works well to scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Store in airtight container or freeze in freezer bags.
- Freeze cupcakes that you will not use in 4 days.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu