Submitted by taylork on Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:23
Serving Size:2 strips
Cost Per Serving:$2.75 for whole recipe / $0.55 per person
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or jelly
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cereal or pretzels, crushed
- Put 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar in a 1/2 cup measure. Fill with milk and stir. Let sit 10 minutes to thicken.
- Cut chicken breasts into 10 strips.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, 2 tablespoons vinegar, honey or jelly, and pepper. Stir in milk and vinegar mixture. Add chicken and stir to coat pieces with the milk mixture. Cover and let set for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet or shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Lift chicken strips from milk mixture one at a time and coat with crushed cereal or pretzels. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken and crumbs.
- Bake chicken 18 to 20 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.
Cereal was used in the nutrition analysis.
Light ranch dressing, mustard, or any barbecue sauce can be used for dipping.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu