Submitted by taylork on Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:23
Serving Size:2 strips
Cost Per Serving:$2.75 for whole recipe / $0.55 per person
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or jelly
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed pretzels or cereal*
- Optional:Light ranch dressing, mustard, or any barbeque sauce can be used as dipping sauces
*This is a good way to use up pretzels, cereals, or crackers.
- Put 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar in a 1/2-cup measure and fill with milk. Stir and let set 10 minutes to thicken.
- Cut chicken breasts into a total of 10 strips.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, 2 tablespoons vinegar, honey or jelly, and pepper. Stir in milk-vinegar mixture. Add chicken and stir to coat pieces with the milk mixture. Cover and let set for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet or shallow baking pan.
- One at a time, lift chicken strips from milk mixture and coat with crushed pretzels or cereal; place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken and crumbs
- Bake chicken 18 to 20 minutes until throughly cooked. Serve immediately. If desired, pass dipping sauces.
Menu Idea: Chicken tenders, baked potato, fruit, milk
- Use up pretzels, cereals, or crackers to coat chicken strips.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu