Chicken Club Salad
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat small pasta (macaroni or rotelle)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce or spinach (torn into pieces)
- 2 cups chopped fresh vegetables (green pepper, celery, cauliflower florets, cucumber, carrots)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked skinless chicken (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup low fat Italian dressing
- 1 hard cooked egg (optional)
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Place 1 1/2 cups romaine in each of 4 large bowls or plates.
- Combine pasta, chopped vegetables and chicken.
- Add dressing to pasta, vegetables, and chicken. Toss lightly to coat. Divide evenly among the 4 bowls.
- Top each serving with a few egg slices, if desired, and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
Learn how to prepare hard cooked eggs to add to this salad.