Chicken and Vegetables
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:29
Serving Size:1 cup
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat or non-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash and cut up vegetables, set aside.
- Chop chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until done, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Try brown rice or whole grain noodles.
- 1 1/2 cups dry noodles will yield 3 cups cooked noodles.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu