Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:25
Serving Size:1 cup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped or 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
6 servings instant brown rice
- Cook onions, peppers, cabbage, garlic, soy sauce, and sugar in a large frying pan on medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare rice according to directions on package.
- Serve vegetable mixture over cooked rice.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger for added flavor.
- Add other vegetables that you have on hand.
- Try serving over barley instead of rice for a nutty taste and to increase fiber.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu