Build Your Own Omelet
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 13:56
- 2 beaten eggs
- Non-stick cooking spray
3-4 Tablespoons total of one or more of the following fillings:
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped lean cooked meat
- Chopped bell pepper
- Sliced mushrooms
- Chopped onion
- Sliced black olives
- Diced tomato
- Heat a small frying pay over medium high heat, spray with cooking spray, and pour in beaten eggs.
- Lift edges of eggs with a spatula and tip pan to let uncooked egg flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost cooked, add 3-4 Tablespoons filling.
- When eggs are firm, fold omelet over to form a half moon shape.
- Slide onto a plate and serve hot.
Note: The nutrition information for this recipe was analyzed using 2 eggs and 1 Tablespoon each of cheddar cheese, green pepper, salsa, onion, and mushrooms.
- Add your favorite vegetables as filling in this recipe.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's