Build Your Own Omelet
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs, beaten
3-4 tablespoons total of one or more of the following ingredients for filling:
- Cheese, shredded
- Lean cooked meat, chopped
- Bell pepper, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Onion, chopped
- Black olives, sliced
- Tomato, diced
- Heat a small frying pay over medium high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and pour in beaten eggs.
- Lift edges of eggs with a spatula. Tip pan to let uncooked egg flow underneath cooked egg.
- When eggs are almost cooked, add 3-4 tablespoons filling.
- When eggs are firm, fold omelet over to form a half moon shape.
- Slide onto a plate and serve hot.
Note: The nutrition information for this recipe was analyzed using 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon each of cheddar cheese, green pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- Add your favorite vegetables as filling in this recipe.