Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:21
Serving Size:1 burrito
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons nonfat or lowfat milk
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Wash hands.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Lightly coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium to low heat until eggs become firm. Remove from heat (eggs will continue to cook).
- Spoon half of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with half of the cheese.
- Fold or roll tortilla and serve with salsa.
- This hot breakfast is easy to wrap in foil or parchment and take with you if time is short.
- Using whole wheat tortillas is an easy way to increase your whole grains. If you want to cut back on fat and cholesterol, substitute 2 egg whites for a whole egg.
Use fresh salsa to reduce sodium.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu