Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:11
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup day old whole wheat bread, cut or torn into 1-inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups non-fat or low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat an 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut or tear the bread into 1-inch cubes. Place in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, milk, and cinnamon or nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the raisins or dried fruit.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean, or microwave in a non-metal baking dish for 9-12 minutes on Medium High.
- Serve either warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Try raisin or cinnamon bread in this recipe.
- This is a great way to use bread that is a little dry.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's