Baked Potato with Cheesy Vegetables
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 cups vegetables (frozen mixed or chopped fresh)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or low fat cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush. Poke small holes in the skin with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 60-75 minutes or cook uncovered in the microwave for 15-17 minutes. Potatoes will be tender throughout when done.
- Place the vegetables in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover vegetables. Cook over medium high heat until hot and tender (or microwave for 3-5 minutes).
- Split potatoes in half when they are cooked all the way through.
- Top each potato half with 1/2 cup cooked vegetables and 2 tablespoons cheese.
Serve while hot.
- Use any type of vegetables you like for this recipe.