Baked Potato with Cheesy Vegetables
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:12
Serving Size:1 potato
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables or chopped fresh vegetables
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or low-fat cottage cheese
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush. Poke small holes in the skin with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 400° F for 60-75 minutes or cook uncovered in the microwave for 15-17 minutes. When done, potatoes will be tender throughout.
- Place the vegetables in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover vegetables. Cook over medium-high heat until hot and tender. Or microwave for 3-5 minutes until hot and tender.
- Once the baked potatoes are cooked all the way through, split them in half.
- Top each potato half with 1/2 cup of the cooked vegetables and 2 Tablespoons of cheese.
- Serve while hot.
- Use any type of vegetables you like for this recipe.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's