Anyday Picnic Salad
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 11/06/2012 - 15:16
Serving Size:3/4 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.59
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing or creamy salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, apple, and celery.
- Add dressing and pepper and stir to coat.
- Stir in pecans or walnuts, if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf, spread on bread or tortillas or a sandwich, or spoon into a halved tomato or cucumber.
If desired, use two 6-ounce cans of water-packed tuna instead of cooked chicken. Drain off the liquid and flake tuna with a fork before adding. Cooked roast beef or pork also can be substituted.
- Use 1 cup halved seedless grapes instead of an apple in this recipe.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's