Anyday Picnic Salad
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 11/06/2012 - 15:16
Serving Size:3/4 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.59
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 apple (cored and diced)
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped (about 1 rib)
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing or creamy salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine chicken, apple, and celery in a medium bowl. Add dressing and pepper and stir to coat. Stir in pecans or walnuts, if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hour. Serve on a lettuce leaf; spread on bread, tortillas or a sandwich; or spoon into a halved tomato or cucumber.
- Use 2 cans (5 ounces each) of water packed tuna instead of cooked chicken, if desired. Drain off the liquid and flake tuna with a fork before adding. Cooked roast beef or pork also can be substituted.
- Try using 1 cup halved seedless grapes instead of an apple.
- To make a full meal salad, add 2 cups cooked pasta.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu