Longhorn Steakhouse in OH Linked to E. coli Illnesses
At least five people fell ill with E. coli O157:H7 after eating at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Green Township, Ohio, in December. Health investigators were not able to definitively determine the source of the outbreak, but suspect leafy greens served at the restaurant, said Mike Samet, public information officer for Hamilton County Public Health. Patients reported initial symptoms between December 10 and 15. Ages of those ill range from 12 to 83 years old.
For the complete news item, please visit http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2013/01/longhorn-steakhouse-in-oh-linked-to-e-coli-illnesses/
View the current food safety news.
Food safety news is compiled from a number of sources and is provided only for informational purposes. Accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed by Iowa State University. Headlines are sometimes rewritten for clarity or to fit space. Original sources are indicated whenever possible and full stories may not be posted to honor the original author copyright.