Food Safety Links
- Central Valley Postharvest Newsletter
The Central Valley newsletter addresses postharvest concerns.
- Cornell University GAPs Project
- FDA CFSAN Produce Guide
Guide to Minimize Microbial Food Safety Hazards for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- In the Barn/Packing House Sanitation During Storage
Storage sanitation can play an integral role in keeping fresh produce free of microbial contamination.
- In the Field Sanitation During Harvest
Sanitary harvesting practices can help to reduce the risk of microbial contamination of fresh produce. Sources of harmful microorganisms can include: soil, harvesting equipment, water, and workers.
- New England Food Safety Consortium
- Postharvest Information for Fruits and Nuts
- UC-Davis Postharvest Research Center
- UC-Davis Vegetable and Research Information Center
- USDA Fresh Produce Audit Verification Program