Food safety lessons - About
Funds for the creation and maintenance of this curriculum are provided by U.S. Department of Agriculture grant XX-EFSF-0-1500, "Food Safety and Quality, Iowa Plan".
- American Dietetic Association. Safe food backgrounder.
- Beard, T. (1991) HACCP and the home: The need for consumer education. Food Technology: 45(6):123-4.
- Borg, W. (1989) Educational research: an introduction. 5th ed. New York: Longman.
- Brochure (1994) A quick consumer guide to safe food handling labels. Home and Garden Bulletin No. 254. Food Safety and Inspection Service, USDA.
- Brochure (1995) A quick consumer guide to safe food handling. Home and Garden Bulletin No. 248. Food Safety and Inspection Service, USDA.
- Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association. Applied Foodservice Sanitation. A Certification Coursebook. 4th ed. (1992) NRA.
- Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association. (1995) Serving Safe Food. ServSafe Certification Coursebook. NRA.
- Folkers, M. (1993) Serving Safe Food. A practical approach to food safety. Cedar Falls Community Schools, Iowa.
- Food handling is a risky business. University of Massachusetts. USDA.
- Gronlund, N. (1977) Constructing achievement tests. 2nd ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Gronlund, N. (1995) How to write and use instructional objectives. 5th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Merrill.
- Horning, L. et al. (1991) Safe food: It’s up to you! Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences.
- Mendenhall, V. (1995) Developing and managing a HACCP system: A guide for small operators who handle meat. Logan, UT: Utah State University.
- Mason, L. Design issues for producing effective multi-media presentations. Technical Communication, Vol 44, 1, Feb. 97, pp. 65-71.
- Occasional Quantity Cooks Trainer's Manual (1992) Ohio State University Extension.
- Schiffman, C. (1995) Consumer control points: Creating a visual food safety education model for consumers. Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC). Department of Education.
- Schwier, R. and Misanchuk, E. (1993) Interactive Multimedia Instruction. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications.
- Tamplin, M., P. Jones, H. Beck. (1995) National Food Safety Database. University of Florida.
- FDA BadBug Book